Sunday, October 11, 2009

Wrenched some more on Wes' car on Saturday. Had to remove the lifting chain from the new engine, put the hoist in the truck, go out to the back 40 and set the old engine on the ground, next to the Cougar parts car. Went back to Wes' Tbird and proceeded to bolt the engine to the transmission and the torque converter to the flywheel. In retrospect, it was the easiest hookup I've ever done. Just a gentle shove to the transmission and it was in place, ready to bolt up. Even though it was just a few bolts, I still ended up with about 2 1/2 hours on the job, including moving the old engine.

Then I went to Sharla's house to paint on the repairs that I still haven't completed. I spent about and hour and a half there, then I went home to watch a few college football games.

On Sunday, I attended Autaugaville UMC, whcih is the new church I will be joining. At about 1:00, I went into Millbrook to volunteer with a group of people to "spruce-up" the West Elmore Christian Outreach Ministry Extension (W.E.L.C.O.M.E.) center. about 20 people from Millbrook First United Methodist showed up to demolish, clean, repair and paint. I didn't do much, but I did go through a tube of caulk while plugging up cracks in the block walls.

I went home after about an hour and a half and took in a couple of NFL games. Not much else on.

Wednesday, October 07, 2009

After Wes's engine spun a rod bearing and started to knock a couple of months ago, We picked up a used one with 86000 miles on it. Hopefully it will work well. Here, Wes is installing the flywheel that we forgot to do while the engine was on the ground. At the moment, the engine is sitting in the engine compartment, but hasn't been bolted in yet. Wes and I will continue next time he visits.