Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Wow.  I just logged in to my blog and noticed that I haven't posted in over two years, completely unintended, but I'm going to break that dry spell now...

So, guess what I'm doing after Christmas and before New-Year's this year?

Well, I'm going to be in the driver's seat of a John Deere 450 bulldozer starting to flatten all that mess shown in the photo of my last post, dated January 15th, 2015.

But, to bring everybody up to speed, here's what's happened since that last post:

First, I dug the foundation and put in the forms for the concrete slab.

Then I hired a crew to place the slab.
Then my son and I erected the steel and wood structure and and put the roof on the barn.


Then, I fell 16' off the barn roof after the very last panel had been put on.  Broke my right wrist and flattened my pelvis from breaks in two spots.  Spent 8 days in the hospital, 1 month immobile in bed, 1 month in a wheelchair and a month on crutches, all of which time I was out of work.

 After I was cleared to walk, my son and I put up the sheet metal on the sides of the barn.


 After being back at work for 5 months, I got laid off.  During my non-work time, I constructed the end walls, sheeted with metal and installed the 24" diameter fan on one end and the 14' wide x 12' tall roll-up door on the other end.

Then I had 1"(min) of closed-cell spray foam insulation installed on one-third of the inside of the barn so I could construct a loft in that space.  I then constructed the loft. And...Just yesterday the insulation on the remainder of the barn went in and finally...

I get to post something related to what this blog is about!  Ultralight flying!  I'll be working on the runway for at least 40 hours with the dozer.  It's supposed to rain much of the week that I've rented the machine.  The place should look really different after that 40 hours.  I will definitely post pictures!  Thanks for reading y'all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home