Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Howdy. I guess it's been a while...

 Well, commitments, priorities, injuries and disabilities and just life somewhat abruptly ended my postings on this blog a few years ago.  Funny how life interferes with out best plans.  I've heard a joke..."Do you know how to make God laugh?  Tell him your plans!"

I don't know what happened to all my pictures from 2017 and on.  They just are no longer.  I apologize and I will see if I can find out where they went.

Lots have happened since my last post in 2018. I get a bit depressed when I think about everything that has happened.  In 2019 I had to retire due to injuries sustained when I fell off my barn during it's construction.

I still have the dream of completing my runway on my property.  I still have the aircraft.  It will need to be reassembled/repaired.  I think I may do that during winter this year.  The itch to fly is still there...

On the positive side, my barn is now pretty much finished and for the last couple of years I've been in the process of expanding it.  My slow progress is due to my limited work ability and my limited funds and quite frankly, my all to frequent lack of will to do much of anything due to my chronic pain, but that has started to change...

Since January, I've started an anti-inflammatory diet that has been very successful in reducing my pain level, so much that I'm considering reducing the dosage of some of my meds.  I've lost over 50 pounds, which makes it easier to move.  We will see what happens!

I've occupied a lot of my time doing railroad modeling in N-scale.  I may post some pictures of some of my modules in the future.  For those who have followed me for quite a while, thank you!  I hope I can find some things to post that you all may be interested in.  For those who are reading the blog for the very first time, welcome, and I hope the future brings cool things instead of just generalities.  Until then, Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home