Monday, October 13, 2008

Wes' Tbird runs again!

My son Wes turned 16 in July. In 2005 I bought a Thunderbird for him when he was of driving age. Shortly after I bought it, the transmission died. I am a very big fan of these particular autos. I've owned 2 Mercury Cougars and besides this particular Tbird, two others [See February 2005 for a pic of my 1994 5-speed Thuderbird SC]. My second Cougar's engine blew up 25000 miles after I rebuilt it for a total of about 190K, but the transmission was still kicking.

In August, Wes embarked on a project to swap the tranny from the Cougar to his Thunderbird. We finally completed the project this past weekend. The car needs a bit of additional work, but we actually drove it about 40 miles on Saturday and Sunday.

He's happy and I'm happy also. The car has been promoted to the "front lot" and is now parked beside the driveway.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home