Thursday, July 24, 2008

No more campers

Jeff came and got his camping trailer on Saturday and Al came and got his pop-up on Tuesday. I don't have a stove anymore, but I have a gas grill, a microwave and a small refrigerator. Life will be somewhat normal again when I get a big fridge, a stove, a washer and a dryer, not necessarily in that order. I could be running into a fridge for free from a person who works with me.

Well, I've been living in my bedroom for two weeks now. It is definitely different. It's cool in my bedroom, but as soon as you step out to go to another part of the house for any reason, it's extremely hot, as you would expect for summer in Alabama. At least there is no direct sunlight, which presents another problem...lighting. Last weekend I completed the living room circuit so I have a light available as soon as I step in the front door. Before that, the bedroom and bathroom were the only lights. Within the next few days, I'll complete one of the kitchen circuits, which will allow me to plug in a washer (when I find one I can afford) and give me another light as well.

The next major item to be completed is the roof. As stated in a previous post, a bit of water manages to get inside. The schedule, which it tentative, says that I should be finished with the roof by Saturday, August 9th. I'm not as schedule driven now that I've given the camper back, but certainly by the end of August I should have the main roof done. The stairwell roof and the decorative pitch on the front of the house should be completed sometime in September. We'll see how it goes. I usually dread the items I perceive as much work, but when I get started, they usually aren't nearly as difficult as I thought they would be. Time will tell!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home