Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Last bit of the roofing!

I'm finally getting around to finishing the last bit of the roofing left from last year. I had to stop last November when it stopped getting warm enough to make the roofing material lay flat. As a result, the east roof on the house has wrinkles in it. Not to worry, much of the future porch roof will cover the wrinkled present roof.

As you can see from the pictures, I have the under-eave soffit just about complete on the west side of the house. Just a couple of trim strips to cover the joints and my corner trim board left and I'll be ready for siding on the lower west side. I still have the upper and lower soffits on the rest of the house to finish...in due time. There is NEVER any shortage of work to do. Most of the things that need to be done now don't really have a drastic effect on the appearance of the structure. Things like additional foundation supports. Lots of effort required with no appearance change.

I ran out of roofing material tonight. I have one 74 inch piece to finish. I had 72 inches left. One more trip into town...46 miles round trip. After finishing the last piece on the main roof, I still have the steep gable portion, but that will be relatively easy since the roofing pieces are small. It's an awkward angle, but with the deck in place it won't be too difficult.



Almost completed eave



Roofing starter strips nailed on



All but one 74" piece to complete



Steep gable left to complete

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home