Saturday, February 05, 2005

New flying wires installed

Today I changed from the stock MX wing wires to a heavy-duty aftermarket set built by Mark Smith. As you can see from the before and after shots, the new wires give me about half of the dihederal as the stock wires. The new wire set also uses 1/8" wires instead of the factory 3/32" wires. This helps to keep them from stretching and sagging. The new wires give me a nice, cozy feeling that they won't ever cause any problem, and they sure are tight. I had to prop up one wing and hang weights from the other, just to get enough slack to install the final connection. It was tough, but the results were worth it.

I flew for an hour tonight. When I have time I'll write up my impression of flying with the new set.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home