Monday, November 14, 2011

Back at it

It's been a while since I posted... maybe a bit over a year? Lot's of things have changed in my life, but I still haven't lost the passion to fly! I took about a year off (maybe more) from working on my house. It was literally draining all of my energy. I was burned out on the whole deal. During that time I joined a church then left. Met a lady and started a promising relationship that didn't pan out. I joined another church, bought a used 2003 Acura TL, started dating my ex-wife again, and now I'm starting to continue work on my house. Oh, I forgot to mention I lost about 55 pounds during that time.

I'm sure I could fascinate y'all with the details, but honestly, many of them are still painful and I really don't want to broadcast ALL of my life to the world. I guess I'm going to start back documenting the progress of my house, if nothing else, for the memory of the huge undertaking that I probably should have never started! Maybe I'll look back in 20 years and say "Oh my, what on earth was I thinking?!"... who knows.

I didn't take any pictures of the work I did this weekend, but I'll start with my next posts. I started to install the additional foundation supports that I always knew were going to be needed. I dug 4 holes under the house and poured footings. I found another break in the interior water supply pipes from the extreme cold we had this winter and I repaired it. The wall where all the plumbing runs isn't insulated from the cold yet, something I intended to do long ago but didn't get around to.

Major things still left to do: Wire the upper story, insulate the upper story and stairwell, Install siding on the outside, hang sheetrock on the inside, build and install kitchen cabinets, install floor coverings, build remaining deck and roof over the deck for my semi-wrap-around porch. Then there will be all the little details that will keep me busy for years. Who knows when all of this will get done. Who really cares?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home