Tuesday, December 29, 2009

It's here, the time off that I looked so forward to. I have plenty of things to do, but I don't really want to do any of them. Well, there are things that I think I would always like to do, but the opportunities don't really present themselves in my current situation. I think that there is never any doubt that I would like to go flying. If I had a completed airstrip and a serviceable ultralight, It's questionable that I would brave the 50 degree ground temps that would probably turn into 30 degree temps aloft plus a 40 MPH wind chill factor from the open cockpit!

A significant chapter in my life is coming to a close. I was informed earlier today that my divorce papers are ready for signing. After 34 months of separation and many failed attempts at reconciliation, there is no doubt in my heart that the time has come. Still, a person who has the ability to be honest with himself can't help feeling bittersweet. I'm no exception.

A dear friend of mine has invited me to go ballroom dancing with him and his wife. It sounds fun, but I don't know how to dance. This particular night, there will be three 30-minute lessons for people of all skill levels. For more than 20 years I have wanted to learn how to dance, but this is one of those things in which the confidence that I posses in most things just crumbles to pieces and I feel very self-conscience about even taking a lesson! I will get over it no doubt, maybe tonight if I go, but in any case, I will eventually learn how to dance if the good Lord allows me to live that long!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home