Monday, March 07, 2005

More contributors invited

Recently, I decided to invite a few fellow flyers to do some writing for this blog. They are all ultralight flyers. Some of these people are middle-aged like me, some are older than me and some are quite young, relatively speaking. They vary in official documentation from none, like me, to instrument rated private pilots. This will still be an ultralight blog, focusing on ultralight flying, and I will direct the focus to that end. Because pilots of all types are a fraternity, there may be an occasional general aviation (GA) related story that you might find here. Usually they will be informative and entertaining...I hope!

For those of you who weren't necessarily invited directly and may wish to contribute one article (or many) you can email me and we can chat about it. Those who have been invited directly, I graciously welcome you. I'm a bit picky about spelling and grammar, and since I will retain administrative privileges of the blog, you may find that I'll edit your articles to correct these types of errors, but hopefully I won't be changing much. I understand that typos find their way into every article and can't be helped. I do it all the time and correct them whenever I find them. Photos are a must. This doesn't mean every post has to have them, but if you've got pictures, post them! It's a bit tricky to post them on the blog, but if you read the help files on the subject, it will guide you. If you still can't figure it out, I'll help. It took me a while to get the hang of it and I'm very computer literate.

Once again, I wish a warm, enthusiastic welcome to our new contributors. I don't foresee the change being anything but positive and should make the blog even more interesting.

2 Comments:

At 8:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Glen---amazing stuff. I guess I had no idea you were into UL flight. I wish you could take someone up with you cuz I would never do this myself. Do they have 2 seaters ? Love ya, Shelly

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger Rusty UL said...

Hi Shelly,

Two-seat trainers are prevalent at least for a couple more years. There are some stipulations though. You must register as a student pilot with one of the FAA recognized organizations (USUA, EAA, ASC, ect.) then you may recieve flight instruction in a two seater from a registered Basic Flight Instructor. Legally, there's no such thing as a "ride". The new FAA Sport Pilot ruling changes some of that for those who wish to persue that route. I'm not sure if I will. Thanks for the comment! Love back 'atcha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home