Tuesday, September 13, 2005


Well, so far I'm way off on my initial time estimate for what it was going to take to repair the Phantom fairing. I've glassed-in the bottom and have done some repairs, but I still have much more sanding and glass lay-up to finish the process. I'd say I'm about 60% done. That's after working on it all last weekend and about an hour on Monday evening after work. It's really not too fun getting all that resin dust and glass fibers on your skin. I'll be really happy when I'm finished with this job. Wish I could have afforded a new pod. Here's some pictures of the fairing so far:

On a positive note, I've learned a bunch of stuff about composites. This site (http://www.fiberglast.com) has quite a bit of good information about glass, carbon fiber and kevlar composits and sells all sorts of cloth, resin and supplies. I've found it to be a good resource, but I haven't purchased anything from them yet, but I may in the future.


Post a Comment

<< Home