Thursday, July 28, 2005

Phantom disassembly begins

Today my teenage son (13) Wes and I went to the airport to start disassembly of my Phantom. Since I'm still recovering from my neck fusion surgery, he's the braun and I'm the brains, so-to-speak! I directed him what to do and how to do it and he really did a good job. I forgot my camera so I couldn't document the disassembly, but there's a photo below of new parts to install that arrived today.

We removed the pod, removed all the downtubes and set aside the main boom assembly. Now all that is left assembled on the fuselage are the cage bottom tubes. I'll take a picture of them when we go back for some more. Wes mentioned something about tomorrow, so apparently he had a bit of fun taking the machine apart! I brought the downtubes home for cleaning and inspection which may start tonight. I'll keep y'all posted on the progress.

I'm thinking of painting my tubes with one of those transparent anodize-like paints. They have about seven colors and I'm thinking that only the red or the blue will go with my red/white/blue sails. Blue seems more traditional since that's what is on many Quicksilvers. I wonder how the red would look?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home