Sunday, July 10, 2005

The Phantom is home....sort of....

I brought the Phantom back from Dawsonville, Georgia yesterday. With hurricane Dennis looming, I decided to leave the pieces strapped on the trailer and in my front yard, instead of taking it to the hangar. If anything gets damaged while it's on my property, my homeowner's insurance will cover it.

We are supposed to get between 60 and 70 MPH sustained winds tonight with stronger gusts. Fort Deposit, where my MX stays, is supposed to get even stronger winds. I went out there this morning to wrap my BRS with plastic as well as my instrument pod, the air cleaner and the fan housing. I also attached another tiedown on each leading edge, tied the rudder to the hold-down at the rear of the hangar and strapped my elevator in the "up" position with the seatbelt. I hope she will be OK!

I hope the Phantom will be OK too. As a matter of fact, I hope my house will be OK.

1 Comments:

At 3:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was looking through some of your old posts and came across a few where you were having trouble with background noise in your radio. Have you thought about a throat mike? I found some on barnstormers.com for about $15. They're surplus (WWII) But I found a picture at another web site and it looks like the plug might fit a set of David Clarks (http://www.aviation-antiques.com/1941-military-4.html)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home