Thursday, May 12, 2005

MicMuff...what a gimmick!

OK, I'm sure the MicMuff has helped someone, somewhere, at some time. For me, it wasn't worth the effort of putting it on. I haven't noticed any outside noise reduction whatsoever. In fact, I think the MicMuff has caused some squealing in my transmissions that I hadn't noticed before. So much for that.

I'm still getting a bunch of engine ignition noise also when I receive transmissions. The noise is in the form of a whine that varies in pitch with the engine RPM. The sound is characteristic of non-resistor plugs. I do have non-resistor plugs installed at the moment, but I have resistor caps. I'm really at a loss and don't know what I should do next. All my ignition kill switch wires are shielded with metal braid. I also have the coil wires that come from inside the magneto housing shielded all the way to where the connect with the coils. I don't yet have the engine grounded to the airframe as I was trying to see if I could get rid of the noise without that step. That will be the next thing to do. After that, I guess I'll try resistor plugs again, WITH the resistor caps....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home